RULES AND REGULATIONS
Terms and conditions of participation in the conference OPER8IT and accompanying workshops.
Section 1. General provisions
The Rules and Regulations specify the types, scope, and terms of organising the conference “OPER8IT” and the accompanying workshops hosted by Conlea Conferences Sp. z o. o., the terms and conditions for concluding service agreements, and the complaint procedure.
Section 2. Definitions
Whenever used in these Rules and Regulations, the following terms and definitions shall have the meaning:
- The Conference – an event organised by Conlea Conferences Sp. z o. o., together with the date and place of the event, to discuss topics described in the programme, the participant of which may be any person fulfilling the conditions of participation.
- The Workshop – a meetings organised by Conlea Conferences Sp. z o. o with the aim of gaining, complementing, or improving professional or general skills and qualifications required to perform work, the participant of which may be any person fulfilling the conditions of participation.
- The Organiser – (Conlea Conferences Sp. z o. o) – if the Rules and Regulations refer to the Organiser, it shall mean Conlea Conferences Sp. z o. o, the organization in abridged form, with its registered office in Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451 Gdynia, KRS number 0000977798.
- The Contracting Party – an entity that, by submitting the forms, shall register a participant(s) to the Conference or Workshop and make payments.
- The Participant – a person(s) registered by the Contracting Party who shall have the right to participate in the Conference or Workshop.
- The Registration – all the actions taken by the Contracting Party with the aim of registering the Participant to the Conference or Workshop.
- The Registration Form – a document correctly filled in by the Contracting Party, the template form of which constitutes an appendix to this Rules and Regulations, in electronic form, effectively delivered to the Organiser.
- The Confirmation of Participation – a confirmation of the correct and effective registration for the Conference or Workshop, in electronic form, sent by the Organiser to the email address of the Contracting Party or the Participant specified in the registration form.
- The Service – an information service created by the Organiser available via the Internet which enables the Users to access the information and services offered by the Organiser or its partners, including the possibility of sending the Registrations for events and performing commercial operations.
Section 3. Registration
- The Registration for the Conference or Workshop may be submitted by the Registration Form available on the website of the Conference or Workshop.
- The Registration for the Workshop or
- The Registration may be sent by anyone, however it shall be assumed that if the Participant shall not be the Contracting Party, the will of the Contracting Party shall be binding.
- The Registration shall be binding and shall obligate to make a payment for the selected ticket within the time limit specified on the invoice.
- The Organiser reserves the right to select the Participants, in particular to reject the registrations sent by any entity involved in activities that are in competition with the Organiser’s activities.
Section 4. Price, terms of payment
- The price for participating in the Conference or Workshop shall be given on the Organiser’s website or in the registration form. It shall only cover the elements that have been specified on the website as the conference description.
- The Organiser shall apply different prices for participation in the Conference, depending on the date of the payment made by the Contracting Party – in compliance with the information provided in the Service.
- The “Blind Bird” price – shall apply to the payments for the Conference participation made by 30 April 2023.
- The “Early Bird” price – shall apply to the payments for the Conference participation made by 31 July 2023 or until the allocation of tickets is exhausted.
- The Regular price – shall apply to the payments for the Conference participation made by 31 August 2023.
- The Last Call price – shall apply to the payments for the Conference participation made after 31 August 2023.
- The price for representatives of the organisations providing the training services, consultancy services, and technological solutions in the area of IT management – shall apply to the persons representing the listed types of organisations or operating within the listed areas. The decision upon the application of such price by the Contracting Party shall be made by the Organiser.
- The price for sale specialists, (key) account managers, business development and any person working within the area of winning new contacts or building business relations – the decision upon the application of such price by the Contracting Party shall be made by the Organiser.
- Failure to register or pay within the specified time limits shall mean cancellation of the more favourable price offer by the Organiser and the need to pay the amount resulting from the difference between the regular price and the “Early Bird” or “Last Call” price by the Contracting Party.
- The payment date shall be the date when the payment has been credited to the Organiser’s bank account.
- Participation in some Conferences and Workshops organised by the Organiser may be free of charge. The Organiser shall publish information on such Conferences and Workshops and their terms and conditions of participation in the information Service.
- The payments may be made by a bank transfer directly to the Organiser’s account or via the PayU online payment system. The payment should be made within the time limit specified by the Conference Organiser.
- After receiving the registration and lack of the payments via the online payment system, the Organiser shall issue a pro forma invoice with a 14-day payment time limit upon which the Contracting Party shall be obliged to pay the fee to the Organiser’s bank account indicated on the invoice.
- Immediately after receipt of the payment, the Organiser shall issue a VAT invoice to the Contracting Party.
- The Organiser reserves the right to grant price discounts, other than specified in these Rules and Regulation, for participation in the workshop or conference.
- Promotions and discounts shall not sum up – only one selected promotion or discount can be applied.
Section 5. Change of the Participant and cancellation of the participation
- The Contracting Party shall have the right to change the Participant of the Conference or Workshop. In such a case, the fee paid by the Contracting Party shall not be refunded. The Contracting Party shall be obliged to notify the Organiser about the change of the Participant in the manner provided for in paragraph 4 of this section.
- The Contracting Party shall have the right to cancel the Participant’s participation in the Conference or Workshop not later than 7 working days before the date of the Conference or Workshop by sending an e-mail to the address: email@example.com, subject to paragraph 4 of this section.
- If the offer other than the “Blind Bird” or “Early Bird” price shall be applied by the Contracting Party, the fee shall be refunded to the bank account indicated by the Contracting Party, less a handling fee of 20%.
- If the “Blind Bird” or “Early Bird” price shall be applied, the Contracting Party shall not receive the refund of the registration fee.
- If the Contracting Party makes the cancellation referred to in paragraph 2 above in 7 or less working days before the date of the Conference or Workshop, or if the Participant fails to attend the Conference or Workshop, the Contracting Party shall not receive the refund of the registration fee.
- Any correspondence referred to in paragraphs 1-3 should be made in writing and sent by registered letter to the Organiser’s address indicated in Section 2(c) of the Rules and Regulations. A declaration of cancellation and/or indication of another Participant may also be submitted in electronic form and sent to the Organiser to the e-mail address indicated in Section 13(1) of the Rules and Regulations.
- Acceptance of the cancellation or change of the Participant shall be confirmed by the Organiser by e-mail to the address specified in the Registration Form.
Section 6. Organisation
- The Conferences and Workshops shall be held at the place indicated by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to change the place of the Conference or Workshop. The Participants shall be informed about such change at least 3 days before the planned Conference or Workshop.
- The Conferences may be filmed and photographed only by the Organiser. It is prohibited to record and take pictures during presentations of the Presenters at the Workshops or Conference without the Organiser’s prior consent.
- The Organiser reserves the right to record and publish audiovisual materials related to the Conference and to make these materials available to third parties.
- The Organiser shall not provide accommodation for the Participants for the time of the Conference or Workshop. The information on possible accommodation, available in the Organiser’s Service, shall be purely for information purposes only and cannot provide the basis for any complaints or claims against the Organiser. The Contracting Party or the Participant shall be responsible for choosing such accommodation.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for the Participants property that might be lost, destroyed, or stolen at the Conference.
- The organizer is not responsible for any actions and damages caused by third parties or subcontractors.
Section 7. Obligations of the Organiser
- The Organiser assures to use their best efforts to guarantee the quality of the Conference and Workshops in line with the description.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Conference or Workshops in the event of mishap – then all payments made by the Participant shall be returned by the Organiser in full.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the programme of the Conferences and Workshops and this may not give rise to any claims.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse providing the services to the Participants for whom the Contracting Party did not pay the fee within the specified time limit.
Section 8. Obligations of the Contracting Party and the Participant
- The Participants and the Contracting Party submitting the registration forms for the Conference or Workshop accept thus the provisions of the Rules and Regulations.
- The Contracting Party undertakes to pay the amounts due for the services within the time limit and in the manner specified by the Organiser for a given Conference or Workshop.
- It is prohibited to use the Conference or Workshop by the Contracting Party and the Participant contrary to the law or good practices, or violating the legitimate interests of the Organiser.
- The Participant taking part in the Conference or Workshop agrees to audio-visual and photographic registration of the Conference or Workshop excluding the individual image.
- The Participant may express a separate written consent for using his/her individual image in the materials related to the Conference or Workshop.
Section 9. Ownership rights and copyrights
- Providing the Participants with the information via the information Service, the Organiser shall pay particular attention to the need of respecting the intellectual property rights.
- The Organiser informs that the Service contains copyrighted documents, trademarks, and other original materials, in particular texts, photographs, graphics and sounds, programmes, and video materials. The layout and selection of the content presented in the Service is subject to copyright in its own right.
- The Participants undertake to use all the materials presented to them for their personal use only. Modification, copying, transfer, public reproduction, and any use of such content for commercial purposes shall require a prior written consent by the Organiser or by another authorised entity.
- The Participants shall ensure that any use of the copyrighted materials for third parties (via the Service), including copying, sending, or making them available to the public on the Internet shall be made upon the consent of the authorised entities. The Participants shall be fully liable for any damage arising in result of their behaviour contrary to the above reservation.
- By making the materials available through the Service the Participants give consent to the use of the materials by other Participants for their personal use. The Organiser reserves the right to edit, copy, and distribute such materials.
Section 10. Processing and protection of personal data
- The Controller of the personal database is Conlea Conferences Sp z. o. o with its registered office in Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451 Gdynia.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, however it is necessary to fully use the Service. Each Participant shall have the right to access their data, as well as to rectify and erase the data.
- The Organiser may process the following personal data of the Participant necessary to create, shape, modify, or terminate the legal relationship between them:
- full name of the Participant;
- data necessary for the invoice issuance;
- the position and the company’s name;
- e-mail address and phone number;
- The Organiser shall provide information about the data referred to in paragraphs 3-4, to the state authorities for the purposes of the proceedings held by these authorities, pursuant to the applicable interpretation of the law.
- In the process of Registration the Participant may consent to the processing, by the Organiser and any third party the Organiser cooperates with, of his/her personal data provided in relation with the Registration for the purposes of product marketing by the entities cooperating with the Organiser with regard to the Service, in particular to sending to the Participant via electronic means of communication various types of commercial information and other materials, e.g. for promotional and marketing purposes of the third parties cooperating with the Organiser.
- Submitting by the Participant the filled in registration form (by clicking the “Submit the registration” button under the registration form) shall mean:
- the Participant’s confirmation of authenticity and accurateness of the data provided in the form;
- the Participant’s consent to the processing of personal data by the Organiser for the purpose of organising the Conferences and Workshops pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018;
- the declaration that the Participant has been informed about the right to access his/her data and to rectify it;
Section 11. Special provisions concerning consumers
- The Contracting Party being a consumer shall be obliged to make the payment for the Workshop or Conference in full before the date of the Workshop or Conference. If the payment has been made within 3 days before the Conference or Workshop, the Contracting Party shall have the proof of the bank transfer at the Conference or Workshop.
- Pursuant to Article 27 of the Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights, the Contracting Party being a consumer under the provisions of law shall have the right to withdraw from any service agreement concluded with the Service Provider within 14 days from the conclusion of the agreement, subject to paragraphs 6 and 7 below.
- The provision of paragraph 2 above excludes the application of Section 5(1)-(3) of the Rules and Regulations.
- The declaration on withdrawal from the agreement should be made in writing. In order to meet the time limit referred to in paragraph 2 above, it shall suffice to send the declaration by a registered letter to the Organiser’s address. The declaration on withdrawal from the agreement may also be submitted in electronic form and sent to the Organiser’s e-mail address indicated in the Service.
- The Contracting Party, concluding the service agreement in less than 14 days before the date of the Workshop or Conference, gives his/her consent to starting the service provision before the expiry of the time limit referred to in paragraph 2 above. This shall mean the need to pay for the participation in the Conference or Workshop.
Section 12. Liability
- The Organiser points out that the Conferences and Workshops shall be of purely informative character and cannot be used as a tool for making any decisions.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for:
- any damage resulting from the use of the Conference or Workshop in a manner inconsistent with the law or the Rules and Regulations by the Recipients;
- any damage resulting from the cessation in the provision of the Conference or Workshop if this is due to the fault of the Contracting Party/Participant or due to violation of the provisions of law or the Rules and Regulations;
- any damage resulting from the use by the Contracting Party/Participant of the materials, data, and information provided as part of the Conference or Workshop for economic, investment, or business purposes, etc.;
Section 13. Final provisions
- Any remarks concerning operation of the Service should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any complaints may be submitted to the Organiser in the form specified in Section 5(4). The complaints shall not be handled after 14 days from the date of the Conference or Workshop. It is recommended that the complaint shall include:
- full name of the Contracting Party;
- registered office/residence address of the Contracting Party;
- subject of the complaint;
- Reasons for complaint;
- The Polish law shall be applicable to the agreement between the Participant and the Organiser for provision of the services under the terms and conditions specified herein.
- The settlement of any disputes arising between the Organiser and the Contracting Party being a Consumer pursuant to Article 22 of the Act of 23 April 1964 the Civil Code (Journal of Laws No. 16, item 93, as amended) shall be governed by competent courts in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
- The settlement of any disputes arising between the Organiser and the Contracting Party not being a Consumer pursuant to Article 22 of the Act of 23 April 1964 the Civil Code (Journal of Laws No. 16, item 93, as amended) shall be governed by the courts competent for the Organiser’s registered office.
- The Organiser shall have the right to unilaterally amend the Rules and Regulations subject to the rights of the Contracting Parties that have paid the fee for the Organiser’s services.
- The latest version of these Rules and Regulations shall be available on the website and it shall form an integral part of the registration for the Conference or Event.
- These Rules and Regulations shall enter into force on the day of its publication in the Service and shall take effect for an indefinite period of time.